IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, DIAL 911
general police information, call 412 856-1111
Requirements - Municipality of Monroeville
must be at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of
2. You must be a United States citizen.
3. You must possess a high school diploma or a GED, as approved
by the Department of Education.
4. You must possess a valid Commonwealth of Pennsylvania driver's
license (Class C or above) or a valid driver's license from
another stale or territory at the time of application. Applicants
with an out-of-state license, if hired, will be required to
obtain a Commonwealth of Pennsylvania driver's license (Class
C or above) before their starting date.
5. You must possess valid Act 120 certification from the Commonwealth
of Pennsylvania's Municipal Police Officer’s Education
and Training Commission (MPOETC), or the ability to receive
certification by MPOETC upon hire. This means that you must
have completed the Act 120 training requirements at the time
of application. Out-of-state officers who have completed their
police academy training outside of Pennsylvania must be eligible
for a waiver of training from MPOETC. For more information
on the requirements for a waiver of training, please click
on the following link from MPOETC.
6. You must be physically and mentally fit to perform the
duties of a police officer.
7. If hired, you must be domiciled in the Municipality of
Monroeville within 6 months upon completion of probation.
Failure to do so will result in termination of employment.
8. If you are claiming Veteran's Preference status, you must
supply a copy of your DD-214 at the time of application. It
will he reviewed to determine your eligibility.
9. The Monroeville Police Department has a visible tattoo
policy. Tattoos cannot be visible while wearing the summer
uniform, which consists of a short sleeve uniform shirt.
10. You must successfully
pass all stages of the selection process. There are no exceptions.
Municipality of Monroeville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.